Skip to main content
OIT Val de Ligne - Joannas OIT Val de Ligne - Joannas
OIT Val de Ligne - Joannas OIT Val de Ligne - Joannas

Joannas

Opening hours: Du 01/01 au 31/12

This lovely village stands at the foot of the Cham du Cros, one of the highest mountains in the Tanargue range, standing 1202 metres high. It is also nicknamed “the mount of thunder” because Taranis was the Celtic God of thunder.

More information

The surrounding scenery is full of vineyards and chestnut groves.
The village originates from the 6th or 7th century.
Its name probably comes from Sancti Joannis, who was the first in charge of the church.
The church nave dates back to the 12th century. A quire and two chapels were added between the 15th and 16th century.
The square based castle was listed as a historic monument in 1985: the courtyard, the vaulted rooms and the dungeon are really worth seeing.
Nowadays the castle rooms are also used as offices for the Mayor, several associations, and as exhibitions rooms.
The Logères castle used to be owned by the Fontaine de Logères family. It was rebuilt in the 18th century on the foundations of a former 14th century building. It is now privately owned.

Rates

Free of charge

Equipments and services

Equipments : Car park

Ouvertures

Throughout the year : open daily.

Joannas

Joannas
Le château
07110 Joannas
France
Fax : 04.75.88.37.95

The nearest tourist office

Benoit DAVID
Located at: Largentière
Val de Ligne Tourist Information

ARDÈCHE EVENTS

The Grotte Chauvet 2 Ardeche

Request more information

OthersSites et monuments historiques

Located at: Rocher
Rocher
Located at: Prunet
Prunet
Located at: Chassiers
St Hilaire Church
Located at: Chassiers
St Benoit Chapel
Located at: Largentière
Notre dame des Pomiers church
Located at: Largentière
Medieval town of Largentière
Located at: Montréal
Montréal
Located at: Montréal
Montreal Castle 12th 16th century
Located at: Saint-Cirgues-de-Prades
St Cirice church
Located at: Lentillères
Village de Lentillères