Skip to main content

Remains of the Royal Bastide

Opening hours: Du 01/01 au 31/12

The Bastide Royal was created in 1284 by an act of feudal association between King Philippe III le Hardi and the Abby of Mazon. This act installed the king's jurisdiction over all of Bas Vivarais or present southern Ardèche, and created a new city with its ramparts, angled towers, and fortified gates ready for war and adorned with the emblem or blazon of the city. The former house of the king is where the Mayor's offices are located today (below the Hall of Justice you can visit the former prisons).

Opening times

Throughout the year : open daily (Outside, accessible for all).

Remains of the Royal Bastide

Remains of the Royal Bastide
07170 Villeneuve-de-Berg

The nearest tourist office

Gulwen Heide - Accueil covid 19
Located at: Mirabel
Berg & Coiron Tourist Information


The Grotte Chauvet 2 Ardeche

Request more information

OthersSites et monuments historiques

Located at: Villeneuve-de-Berg
Church of Villeneuve-de-Berg
Located at: Mirabel
Farm Olivier de Serres
Located at: Saint-Germain
Church of Saint-Germain
Located at: Saint-Andéol-de-Berg
Church of Saint-Andéol-de-Berg
Located at: Lavilledieu
Cloître de l'ancienne abbaye
Located at: Mirabel
Church of Mirabel
Located at: Lussas
Dolmen at Mias
Located at: Vogüé
Castle of Vogüé