What's On in Ardeche
Plan your holidays
Live a unique and unforgettable experience in the Gorges de l’Ardèche: A 2-day descent through the Gorges in a canoe or kayak, staying overnight at a bivouac in the heart of the Nature Reserve! Emotions, thrills and enchantment guaranteed!
If there’s one activity you really must try, it’s a descent of the Gorges de l’Ardèche!
The best way to visit the Nature Reserve is by canoe or kayak. On a 2-day trip, you can glide down the river at your own pace, discovering the fabulous scenery!
Here’s a glimpse of what’s to come:
You’ll pass under the famous bridge, the Pont d’Arc, a majestic, emblematic natural arch, find yourself surrounded by vertical cliffs, negotiate a few rapids just for the thrill, land on beaches that can only be reached by boat, take a refreshing break to bathe in the cool water...
Not a bad programme is it? We certainly never grow tired of it...
And what about the night in the Bivouac? Quite simply, unique! Sleeping under the stars or in your tent, at a classified site, soothed by the song of the crickets in this magical port of call!
- The package includes the rental of equipment (canoe or kayak, life jacket, paddles and watertight container), the night at the bivouac and the return trip by bus to Vallon Pont d’Arc.
- Bring your own bivouacking items (sleeping bag, small tent, etc.) as well as a change of clothes. A watertight container will be provided.
- Remember to bring enough food for the 2 days. This is a Nature Reserve and there’s nowhere to buy food.
- Don’t forget sun protection - make sure you bring plenty of high-factor sunscreen for regular applications. It’d be a shame to go away with a painful memory of your adventure!
- You must wear full trainer-type shoes and, if you wear glasses or intend to use sunglasses, make sure you attach them to a neck string, as the going gets a little rough at times.